What is Plasma Pen?
Plasma Pen is the beauty world’s #1, most advanced, en-vogue & non-invasive, soft surgery skin lifting, skin tightening & rejuvenation device & treatment used in a number of procedures to dramatically enhance looks without the need for costly & invasive surgery.
Our plasma device & sophisticated techniques – perfected across thousands upon thousands of treatments all over the world help deliver a brighter, more contoured & more youthful appearance and results from our pioneering soft-surgery, sublimation treatment are virtually immediate & incredibly long-lasting (typically 3 years).
Plasma Pen ‘fibroblasting’ is a highly versatile & non-surgical procedure that’ stunningly effective in wrinkle smoothing, eyelid tightening & eyelid hood reduction (blepharoplasty) and it is able to treat, repair, lift & rejuvenate any area of the skin to spectacularly improve & brighten skin tone, laxity & texture, significantly tighten loose skin & dramatically reduce, inflate & plump lines & wrinkles.
Why Plasma Pen?
As we age, the dermal layer thins, less collagen is produced, the elastin fibres which provide our elasticity wear out & all these changes in the scaffolding of the skin cause it to wrinkle & sag. In simple terms – our skin loses laxity & texture as we grow older. It becomes loose, it sags & lines & wrinkles appear. Think of it like the scaffolding of a building if it were to rust, weaken and become unable to bear load or maintain flexibility – it will eventually sag & collapse.
Plasma Pen & our pioneering blepharoplasty, sublimation & soft- surgery fibroblasting technique is designed to help dramatically repair, reverse & mitigate all these effects by using state-of-the-art technology, proven science & sophisticated technique, best practice training & aftercare.
What Plasma Pen does in Simple Terms?
• We offer the #1 market leading, CE Certified & German manufactured device that delivers next- generation procedures
• Ultra-fine, 0.4mm screw-in & adaptable probes for absolute precision treatment
• Spectacular, on-demand plasma delivery with fingertip intensity control
• Rapid treatments, shorter downtimes, faster recovery & superior results
• Plasma Pen converts electrical energy into an electrostatic energy and this energy is intelligently transmitted to the probe by impulse. At about 1mm from the skin, oxygen & nitrogen are mixed & the electrostatic energy produces an arc of plasma which discharges onto the epidermis
• This forces immediate contraction of the skin tissue & also thermal disruption within the dermis – especially to the “fibroblasts” (fibroblasting)
• This stimulates collagen production for the next few months (along with the activation & release of other important proteins in the dermis)
• The highly accurate & controlled trauma we cause to the epidermis makes the skin dry superficially into tiny carbon crusts which fall off within a few days leaving beautiful new & rejuvenated skin at the surface
Deep dive: How our device/Treatment Works?
Our pioneering handpiece creates an electrical discharge between two electrodes separated by an ‘insulating dielectric barrier’. A charge collects on the surface of the barrier & discharges a flash of plasma via our 0.4mm probe within millionths of a second. Using our continuous direct energy source; we ionise nitrogen & oxygen in the air to create a plasma gas. This plasma gas is sustained by our devices unique fingertip control which delivers on-demand plasma.
In using Plasma Pen, we contract the epidermis by creating external micro-traumas and we encourage it to generate fresh, beautiful new skin cells at the surface which deliver incredible skin tightening, lift and rejuvenation. The plasma flash we create transfers to the skin with absolute precision and does not harm any surrounding tissue. This thermal disruption later causes excess skin to dry superficially into tiny crusts which fall off in the form of tiny flakes within days. Simultaneously, our plasma flash penetrates to the fibroblasts contained within the dermis below and this stimulates accelerated division & migration of collagen cells. The dermis is composed of approximately 95% collagen and fibroblasts rarely undergo division unless stimulated by a wound healing process or inflammatory response and we do just that with Plasma Pen (which is why we call it fibroblasting).
By targeting fibroblasts in the dermis, we kickstart the process of collagen production, alignment and cross linking to reduce lines and wrinkles by inflating, plumping and lifting your skin from below and helping re-build & strengthen the scaffolding within your dermis to give it back its elasticity & flexibility. Increased levels of type 3 collagen production occur for months after the micro-trauma we create which then synthesise into tougher type 1 collagen. The activation of the inflammatory response by Plasma Pen improves viscoelasticity and helps prevent negative behaviours such as stiffness and stress relaxation caused by glycation. Collagen structures are better able to accommodate load/overload and we help repair deformation to the elasticity of collagen molecules. All these positive changes we make to collagen mechanics with our Plasma Pen underpin tissue stability.
We also encourage neovascularisation (the formation of new blood vessels) and the release of growth factors. These growth factors include fibroblast growth factors, platelet-derived endothelial growth factors and cytokines. Cytokines are small proteins important in cell signalling which affect the behaviour of cells around them. They help modulate our immune response, cell aging & they quarterback the growth of new cells. They’re particularly important in directing our bodies response to the inflammation that we cause with Plasma Pen by stimulating cell repair & new cell production.
The inflammatory response which occurs during the healing process also activates “M2 Macrophages”. Macrophages are white blood cells that engulf and digest cellular debris, foreign substances, microbes and anything else without proteins good for healthy cells. M2 macrophages decrease the inflammation we cause & encourage tissue regeneration and repair. Plasma Pen also stimulates the migration of “basal keratinocytes” up to the surface of the skin. Wounds to the skin are repaired, in part, by the migration of keratinocytes from the basal layer of the skin and they fill-in the gaps created by the micro-wounds we create. Ultimately, Plasma Pen is the gift that keeps giving because we achieve immediate results and those results then improve significantly over the coming months.
Effects last around 3 years although many results last for longer.
Plasma Pen vs Cosmetic Surgery?
• The only treatment outside of Plastic Surgery which can be performed on the eyelids
• We perform many of the other sought-after treatments too – often with similar effects – just without invasive surgery
• No injectable anaesthetic required
• No scalpels, no cutting and no ablation of the skin
• No stitches and suturing required – and no scars
• Very low risk procedure with minimal side effects and very short downtimes – especially with our device
• Quick & easy procedure with rapid recovery – most patients able to return to work the same day
• No thinning of the skin and more uniform than ablative resurfacing using lasers
• No asymmetries and no risks of any overcorrection
• Enormous cost savings compared to comparable alternatives
• Long-lasting results – usually around 3 years